Meeting Minutes – July 11th , 2022
The meeting called to order at 700 PM and ended at 7:44 PM via Vice President, Steve Johns
June minutes were approved.
Police Report, Officer Perry Locke and Sgt. Linda
- There was no police report
School Report, Rebecca Wolf
- There was no school report
Recreation Report, Taylor Singleton
- There was no recreation report.
- If you have questions or comments contact: Taylor.Singleton@cincinnati-oh.gov 513-535-4739
- LeBlond is Now Hiring – Join their team!
Treasurer Report, Jeff Stewart
- There was no Treasure report
Presidents Report, Steve Johns
- Get well soon — Craig Stanton!
- Neighborhood block party is Saturday July 30 from 4 to 8. In the Pendleton Heritage Center. Come down there will be games, refreshments, music , a raffle & door prizes.
- Please sign up for East End Area Council Membership Form
NSP Report, Regina Moss
- There was no NSP report
3ECDC Business Report, Matt Ackermann
- Parking Lot is approved and funding is supported by the city.
- Columbia Tusculum Street Fest - funding for the school
- Looking for cleanup resources for the community
Garden District Committee, Kathy Schwab
***City (CBR) CAPITAL BUDGET REQUEST***
The City has put out a request as they do every two years for the 2024-25 CAPITAL BUDGET REQUEST for neighborhoods. The East End neighborhood can apply for up to 3 projects. It is suggested that we have two small (cost-wise) projects and one big item on our wish list. The deadline for this funds request is October 2022. Below are some ideas that surfaced at the last East End Area Council meeting: Gateway to Garden/Business District Suggestions
1.) A Red Bike Stand Rack
2.) Beautification to continue the momentum along Babb Alley
3.) Benches, Bike Racks, and Trash Receptacles around the Community but especially in the Business District
4.) New Parking and Directional Signage for the Gardens
5.) Clean up the eyesore RR crossing over Riverside drive, major clean-up and paint
We would like to hear from you! What are Your Ideas on How to Make the East End a Better Place to Live, Work, and Play?
Please submit your ideas to Kathy Schwab at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Neighbors Network, Mary Beth Wilker
- No speakers for July/August
– East End Community Engagement Party is postponed due to issues at the Pendleton building issues/damage.
Duke Energy Update, Chris Lawhead
Working on the Duke Energy site and upgrading the propane cavern
- Natural gas line that runs over across the river to KY from Duke location
- Working on upgrading the
- Jane Sites suggest replacing the plastic fencing with landscaping
- Regulators for the pipes
If you have questions and safety concerns please contact Duke at email@example.com OR call 513-287-2130
Visit our website at eastendcincy.org for more information.
Our next meeting is August 1st
District Two Police Station
3295 Erie Ave, Cincinnati, OH, 45208
Submit anonymous tips to the CPD Neighborhood Watch: