December 5th, 2022 Meeting Minutes
Meeting Minutes – December 5th 2022
The meeting began at 7:00 PM prompt and ended at 8:01 PM
November minutes were approved.
Police Report, Officer Albert Brown
- There were 5 burglaries, two auto thefts, and two personal thefts = nine total offenses
- Riverside school had some violent issues last week: Monday - some students posted they were going to shoot up the school
- Fight on Riverside with the one minor and students from school. There was a gun, but the gun was not inside the school.
- Wednesday - Satchel Street kids, a gun was found a few blocks away from the school at a residence home
- Someone asked about a historical crime (October 2022) that was a homicide; Officer Brown researched the question during the meeting and found it was a heroin overdose
School Report, Rebecca Wolf
- Had a crazy week and a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I am looking forward to the holiday celebration.
- Craig asked if they need donations
- Cristan Tye said there is a family that needs assistance
Recreation Report, Taylor Singleton
- Leblond to St Rose trail is in progress; it should be a few weeks
- Oliver’s position is filled and should be filled in a few weeks
- New Treadmills and Pickle Ball is coming
Treasury Report, Jeff Stewart
- One check was written to SimpTech for $2606. for audio equipment at LeBlond
- Balance is the system was down
Presidents Report, Craig Stanton
- Tech issues with zoom, we are getting closer to a solution
- Mt Carmel church had a Thanksgiving Dinner; we would like to give EEAC funds to Mt Carmel and the School for the holiday
- Should we have the meetings at 6 PM vs 7 PM, so we planned to keep it at the same time?
- Any obligation to have the first 2023 meeting on January 9th
NSP Report, Regina Moss
- Brief 2023 summary - ($9872. NSP Jan - Dec) we have to make our formal proposal at the beginning of the year after the officers are solidification. Categories are communications, community engagement, and beautification.
3E CDC Report, Nick Motz
- Did not have a November meeting but combined our November/December meeting
EENN, Mary Beth Wilker
- No speakers this month
Garden District, Kathy Schwab
- No garden report
Election Committee, Anna Schmidt
- Anna physically went to LeBlond to manage the in-person ballots (stay tuned)
- Jane Sites had questions about Walworth 104/108/3096 - properties are being held by Experimental Homes. The city found a 10 ft paper ally. Jane asked about Hoff and asked the board to look into this issue.
- Looking for volunteers to help Jane understand more and connect with the city on this issue.
2023 Final Election
- President, Craig Stanton
- VP, Steve Johns
- Treasurer, Kathy Schwab
- Secretary, Mary Beth Wilker
- NSP, Regina Moss