Meeting Minutes – June 6 th , 2022
The meeting called to order at 703 PM and ended at 7:49 PM
Vice President, Steve Johns
May Minutes were approved.
Police Report, Officer Perry Locke and Sgt. Linda Sellers stepped in for Officer Butler
- 1 auto, 1 breaking and entering, 1 menacing
- Crime is very low in the East End
- District Two Police are reintroducing “Citizen on Patrol” Please consider being a part of Citizen on Patrol – Sign up on June 16th – go out into the community and make themselves
The District Two Police Station is located at 3295 Erie Ave, Cincinnati, OH, 45208.
Submit anonymous tips to the CPD Neighborhood Watch:
- There are also options to ride along with a police officer and block watch.
School Report, Rebecca Wolf
45 graduates from the class of 2022
- Football team is doing conditioning, exciting for school to have a football game.
- Students will be at the Tusculum StreetFest on June 18th
Recreation Report, Taylor Singleton
Questions or comments contact: Taylor.Singleton@cincinnati-oh.gov 513-535-4739
- Welcome Back Taylor is back working at Riverview East as Service Area Coordinator at LeBlond
- Therapeutic classes going on during the day so hours are limited at the facility
- Pool – no update on opening day
- Composting is on hold
- Now Hiring – Looking for Staff! Especially for Pool and Looking for staff full-time and summer jobs
- There is ongoing lifeguard training with CRC: cincyrec.org
Treasurer Report, Jeff Stewart
$800. picture music, $196. Internet hosting, $1080. Monthly maintenance, $1000. Advancement for community engagement event
Presidents Report, Steve Johns
- Initiating new bylaws, with online and in paper
- Please sign up for East End Area Council — membership form https://www.eastendcincy.com/membership/
- Steve let everyone intro each other which was nice! Thanks Steve!
NSP Report, Regina Moss
- NSP reporting is at the end of August, we need to spend money by July
3ECDC Business Report, Nick Motz
- Hope to get parking funding soon on Babb Alley East End
Garden District Committee, Kathy Schwab
- No Report
Neighbors Network, Mary Beth Wilker
Speaker — Leslie Mattie Rich, CVA, Senior City Action Strategist
- More than just crowdfunding. Community-led positive change. ioby stands for “in our backyards,” but it also stands for taking care of each other, for civic participation, and for trusting neighbors to know what’s best for the neighborhood. Visit: https://ioby.org/about
- IOBY currently has a match program where donations up to $2000 are matched dollar for dollar. You can find more information here: www.ioby.org/cincinnati
– East End Community Engagement Party is postponed due to issues at the Pendleton building issues/damage.
There was no new business
Attendance (total people) at the meeting: Zoom, (19), Le Blond (8)
Visit our website at eastendcincy.org for more information.